Stephen Fuhr CD MP

Your member of parliament for

Kelowna-Lake Country

Stephen Fuhr CD MP

Your member of parliament for

Kelowna-Lake Country


How Can We Help?


Constituency Office Services

Following is a list of some of the issues my constituency office can help you with:

  • Provide information on locating government services and contact information
  • Assist in understanding government policies and services
  • Assist in navigating through government bureaucracy
  • Ensure due process is being followed
  • Attend community events
  • Provide congratulatory messages
  • Provide government documents, legislation, discussion papers and other web-based forms if you don’t have Internet access

Getting Help From Your MP

The steps below will help you determine the best course of action to address your issue.

Step 1: How Can We Help?

The first step is to determine whether or not we are in a position to help you. It’s possible your file may concern another jurisdiction such as the provincial government or a local authority. If so, we will point you in the right direction.
We are pleased to help you resolve issues you may be having with federal government agencies. However, by law, there are some things we cannot help you with.This section will help you determine whether or not we can help. If it is a matter we are unable to help you with, we will help you determine the next best course of action.

We can help you if:

A.) You are a resident in my riding of Kelowna-Lake Country; and

B.) Your matter is with a federal government agency.

Unfortunately, we cannot help you if:

A.)  You have retained a lawyer or consultant to represent you pertaining to your file;

B.)  Your matter is pending before the courts or adjudication;

C.)  The police are involved. We cannot make inquiries about police investigations. If you have a complaint about police conduct, please direct them to the Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner.

A federal government agency is an organization that is a part of the federal government. These agencies and their departments are part of the Prime Minister’s cabinet, or independent agencies established by Parliament. Examples of federal agencies include:

If you’re not sure whether your issue is with a federal agency, you can contact my constituency office for advice. If you are sure that your issue is with a federal government agency, proceed to the next step.


Step 2: Gathering Information

Often constituents are simply looking for information. We’ve used this section to provide you with links that can answer many of your questions.

Often we find that people are simply seeking information. Fortunately, the Internet is a terrific resource and we’ve used this section to provide you with a number of links to sites where you might find the information you’re looking for.

If you are still unable to find the answers and would like to open a file with my office, please proceed to the next step.

The Government of Canada Web site is a good entry point to the federal executive branch. This web site provides many links and answers to common questions.


Step 3: Preparing to open your file.

Our goal is to find a resolution to your situation. This section offers a few suggestions on how you can help us to help you.

The steps listed below will help make the process of opening a file with my office as efficient as possible, so we can immediately start working on your behalf. Taking the time to gather all the information regarding your file first, will allow my staff to dive right in and assist us in reaching a favourable solution to your issue.

First – The Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act requires you to fill out and sign a Personal Authorization Form giving my staff and me permission to make inquiries on your behalf. Without your authorization we cannot investigate your file.

Second – Please prepare copies of any and all documents you have that pertain to your issue. If you don’t have access to a photocopier, my office can make copies of documents that are necessary to make inquiries.

Third – Please write out an account of your matter. By providing my office with a detailed description of the file, it will give us a clearer picture and outline to follow when making inquiries. Identify the issue, and then include a description of any actions you have taken, relevant dates, responses you have received and any other additional information that you think will be helpful.

Fourth – Once you have gathered all of your information you can mail (no postage necessary), email, or hand deliver it to my constituency office. If you have any questions about compiling your information or initiating your file, please contact my constituency office at any time.

Now proceed to the final step.

Step 4: What happens when we take on your file?

A description of what you can expect to happen when our constituency office receives all the information it needs to make inquiries on your behalf.

Once you have opened a file with us and we have all of your information, my constituency assistant will contact the appropriate government body to initiate an inquiry. Our office will keep in touch with you as information regarding your file becomes available.

Please note that while I can help ensure your file is heard fully and promptly, I cannot overrule any government body’s authority to make a final decision on your file.

Always feel free to contact us if you have any questions or new information to provide.
Phone: 250.470.5075
120 – 1420 St. Paul Street
Kelowna, BC, V1Y2E6